West Coast Road:Stelling at Vreed-en-Hoop to Hyronie at Parika
The Road is approxiamely 32 km long. The west coast road provides the only access to Parika, Essequibo, the Essequibo Island, abd the Hubu from Georgetwon, Timehri Airport, Linden, and the East Coast areas.
The road is a two-way highway and serves both intercity travel and local properties and businesses alongside by direct access.
The objective of the project is the "rehabilitiation and improvement" of the project road and as such the scope includes:
- The rehabiltation of the pavement and structures
- Widening of pavement and shoulders
- Inclusion of a cycle lane
- Construction of earhen drains and concrete drains
- Construction of kerbs and sidewalk
- Installation of road lights
- Installation of trafficsignals
- Construction of turning and parking lanes
- Construction of on street parking
- Repairs and rehabilitation of culverts
- Relocation of water, power and telephone lines
- Improvement and construction of intersections and access